Tired of the rat race? There are some easy jobs you can do from home that may offer the perfect solution to your woes.
Whether you want to stay home with your children, or simply have more freedom in your day, work at home jobs are a solution that more and more people are looking at as an option. While you may not make as much money as if you went outside your home, you’ll also avoid long commutes, hours spent away from family, having to purchase expensive work clothes and lunches outside of the home.
Work From Home Jobs: Online
- Customer Service Rep: Companies like U-Haul and telephone companies sometimes hire freelancers to answer telephone calls and service customers. You’ll need a dedicated land line and a quiet place to take on this type of work. Look for a company that pays you for the time blocked out and not just when you get a call. Otherwise, you may spend a lot of time waiting around without pay.
- Online Tutor: Whether you have an area of expertise or you just want to teach conversational English, online tutoring is the wave of the future. Set up your own business and reach out to a niche area or go over to ESL Jobs World and see what type of work is available there.
- Blogging: Companies hire people like you to blog on various topics. You can also set up your own blog and make money by monetizing it with ads from Google, Amazon and other affiliates.
- Surveys: if you just need a little extra pocket change, sign up to take surveys. You won’t get rich quick for this type of work, but it is a lot of fun and you’ll make enough to pay for your daughter’s ballet class or a dinner out with your husband.
Other Work From Home Jobs
If you have trouble finding online employment, consider other jobs where you work from home or have a flexible schedule, such as:
- Secretarial work (contact local businesses and offer your services)
- Making crafts and selling at local fairs
- Direct sales (Pampered Chef, Avon, etc.)
- Cleaning Houses (set your own schedule)
- Taking elderly to appointments or checking in on them
- Pet sitting
- Dog Grooming (you will need training for this)
Another option is to start your own consulting firm. I know many people who have had success with this type of business. Think about what you are an expert in.
- Can you look at a room and figure out how to organize? Start a business organization consulting firm.
- Are you adept at helping others solve their problems and get along? Consult with companies about team-building and conflict resolution.
- Does bullying make your blood boil? Consult with schools and offer workshops to administration and students on how to put an end to bullying.
Whatever your specialized area of knowledge, there is likely a way you can turn it into a consulting business.
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your work from home journey. Being able to leave the rat race and work from home is a process that takes time and planning.